One reason I’m posting this is so you guys can see how much I alter patterns. :p
I’ve decided to use the Seaman’s Scarf pattern from Knit Picks, but with the following alterations:
- Use navy and yellow worsted weight Cascade 220 instead of Cinnamon bulky Knit Picks Sierra
- Use two strands instead of one (to account for the worsted-bulky difference)
- Do the ends in yellow and the middle in navy
- Make the middle longer (the original pattern is only 50″, plus I need about half to be yellow and half navy)
- Work it in the round so there are no ugly garter stitch edges
Although I don’t know. I may go back to vertical stripes, or I may even change my mind yet again before I even get around to starting it. The only problem I foresee with my alterations is making the middle longer — the length the middle is in the original pattern is perfect for wrapping around your neck and then the cables start just after that. What do you think?